Monday, February 23, 2009

What is this.....Eugene?

Today was a beautiful day...If you're into gray skies and rain. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. By most standards, this was a very modest rainfall...As a matter of fact, I actually enjoyed it. I grew up on the Oregon coast so days like today remind me of the good ol' days. What was funny(in an annoying sort of way) was that even with the little rain we did get, a lot of streets were beginning to flood. This goes back to my frustration with the whole urban growth boundary expansion that the City of Bend is pushing...I guess I'll never get their logic...You don't spend all of your money to build an addition on your house if your roof is leaking...You fix the freakin' roof...Oh well...I guess they have convinced themselves that Bend gets 365 days of sun/year and anything else is just a fluke...I'll take the rain...it means spring is coming

On another note, tomorrow is Webcyclery movie night at McMenamins. This month's movie is "PRO". Admission is $5 and the proceeds go to support Central Oregon Trail Alliance

1 comment:

Alexander said...

Similar urban planning problem here with the City of Eugene—good on 'ya for riding in the rain and loving it!